Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Letter to Forward Management

Sent 1/20/2010 to forwardmgmt2008@gmail.com

To whom it may concern at Forward Management (preferably the manager or landlord):

I have been a tenant of Forward Management at *************** since August, 2008. I am aware that email is not the proper mode to alert you of maintenance requests; however, this is the [fifth] time I have requested maintenance for the same problem. Today/Wednesday 1/20/10 I will be calling you at 412-687-3777 to speak with the landlord about this chronic problem that your repairmen are unequipped to fix.

Since October 2008 I have been troubled by a leak in my bathroom ceiling that appears every single time my upstairs neighbor takes a shower. This leak has been "fixed" four times, to no avail. Additionally, the light fixture has been replaced (since the leaking water landed directly on the light bulb). Please check your maintenance records to confirm all the damage and time wasted on fixing the same problem four times.

Having dealt with this issue now for over a year (on and off) I believe it is beginning to get closer and closer to causing health risks: either through the moldy and rotting wood in the ceiling, or through the potential dangers of water landing on a lightbulb.

So, I present to you a public blog in which I've been keeping track of the problems and repairs. I regret that I do not have photos for every instance, but I believe the photos I do have are convincing enough to inspire you to some action. The wood could not get this moldy, nor could the hole in the ceiling get that large without serious neglect of the problem's cause.
-- The blog address is here: http://pghleak.blogspot.com/
-- Posts that contain photos are here: http://pghleak.blogspot.com/search/label/photo
-- All "leak" posts are here: http://pghleak.blogspot.com/search/label/leak
-- All "fixed" posts are here: http://pghleak.blogspot.com/search/label/fixed
Of particular note is the most recent issue I am encountering, Bathroom Leak #5 (http://pghleak.blogspot.com/2010/01/bathroom-leak-5.html). This most recent leak is what I will be calling about today. I may need you to refer to this email and the blog photos during the phone call.

Having to constantly deal with this bathroom leak is a major hassle for me and your cooperation in fixing the cause instead of just the symptoms would be greatly appreciated. I feel this might be the most cost-effective solution for both your business interests and my frustration with your handling of this issue. In the meantime, you may contact me at ****************** or call me at ************.

Sincerely,

- ***********

No comments:

Post a Comment